I am not going to do a huge link drop today, but here are few quick facts for tomorrow.
* The game is at 8 PM Eastern tomorrow on NBC Sports Network and Galavision.
* The US is 1-3-2 all-time against Scotland. The lone win came on May 26, 1996 in New Britain, Connecticut. Here are the official game notes with more stats and facts.
* Clint Dempsey will not be playing due to a groin injury. They are hoping he can go next Wednesday against Brazil. We need a healthy Dempsey for the qualifiers anyways.
* Jozy Altidore is also out for tomorrow since he just got into camp this week. It sounds like Klinsi was not happy about AZ not releasing him until May 28. I am guessing we will see a more “experimental” side on Saturday (Wondo and/or Boyd starting at forward?).
* And Michael Parkhurst and Clarence Goodson are also likely not going to dress tomorrow since they also didn’t arrive to camp until late this week (Cameron starting at centerback with Bocanegra?).
* One more random stat courtesy of MLSsoccer.com: The US is 0-6-2 all-time when Jose Torres starts. I don’t know if it means anything, but I found it interesting.
* Roughly 36,000 tickets have been sold so far for tomorrow’s game.
Those are the major facts as we head into tomorrow. I will post some highlights sometime after the game.
The following two tabs change content below.
Matt likes soccer. He likes sleeping in. He is also amused easily. That is pretty much it.