A lot of injuries in the last 48 hours which will affect the US roster for Wednesday’s friendly. I am guessing Klinsmann will add a player or two to the roster.
* As Howie reported yesterday, Jermaine Jones is out with a calf injury.
* Timothy Chandler picked up a gluteal muscle strain and will be out the next 2-3 weeks.
* Jose Torres picked up an injury on Saturday night and is likely out for this week’s game.
* And Italy finally announced their roster for Wednesday’s game. No Mario Balotelli.
* Grant Wahl is reporting that Landon Donovan has the flu and might be out for this week’s game as well. Well crap.
US Soccer has officially announced that Torres, Donovan and Chandler are out and that Brek Shea and Sacha Kljestan have been added to the roster. And further roster additions may be made Monday afternoon.